Saturday, July 18, 2009

[day 199 ... july 18]

Last night I had the best time! My friend Kim - a good friend of mine in college and, of late, an Amazon retiree - invited a group of us to see the new Harry Potter movie at a local dinner and movie house. Not just any movie house, but a place for grownups with appetizers and drinks, followed by dinner in cushy, fully-reclining chairs (blankets and pillows available on request!) in a cozy theatre for just 40 of us. It was unbelievably great.

I met a couple of Kim's friends, Susan and Peter, and we hit it off so I enjoyed getting to know them a bit while we nibbled crab cakes and sipped sparkling water and wine. Then we leaned back, snuggled up in our own posh recliners with blankets and pillows, and watched mesmerized as the latest HP saga unfolded on screen. It was a 2 and 1/2 hour movie, but it went by very quickly - at least for me. I loved it - can't wait to see it again with Tynor and Niall, when we can grab a chance to sneak off without Cory (maybe Kellen will graciously volunteer an afternoon - you never know :-).

A kid-free, worry-free night out, great company, delicious food, luxurious surroundings. Like I said, unbelievably great. Thanks, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment