Friday, January 23, 2009

[day 23 ... january 23]

I took a half-day off from work today, as I needed to run Niall up to Bothell for some tests. These are the first screening tests (evaluation of grade-level skills) for applying to the Northshore gifted program for 3rd - 6th graders. I'm not planning to send him to the program, at this point, but I want to see if it's an option.

Since I was heading to Little School at lunchtime anyway, I went a few minutes early to join the younger kids for Friday singalong. Cory's class has been studying fruits and vegetables, including a little song they've learned about "Five a day, the rainbow way," and they were going to sing the song in front of all the classes as part of singalong. They were so cute up there, decorated with their own fruit or vegetable sign (Cory was a carrot), singing their song and doing their little hand motions. They also each introduced themselves and said what their fruit or vegetable was, and afterwards they all bowed. Just darling. I'm really glad I was able to be there. It was fun to sing the songs with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment