Friday, January 23, 2009

[day 22 ... january 22]

Difficult day at work today: layoffs were announced for the first time in Microsoft's history, along with other cutbacks. Luckily, I wasn't one of those cut - a major relief. But the atmosphere around work is subdued and anxious. People are walking on eggshells. More cutbacks and reorgs are coming, and that's about all we know. It's going to be a long 18 months while they get the ship squared away.

I had lunch with my friends Leslie and Mary today - something we've been trying to organize since before Christmas. Always one thing and another has gotten in the way. It was great to see them and dish about all the latest changes in our lives, the inauguration, the economy, and of course, the big announcements at work today. We met at the Building 25 cafeteria (across the street from their building; a short drive from where I work) and all decided on fabulously delicious Shamiana (Indian food restaurant that makes and serves some of their dishes at this on-campus cafeteria). I had my absolute favorite (which they happened to be serving today): Chicken Tikka Masala. Oh, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment