Friday, March 20, 2009

[day 77 ... march 18]

Yesterday was the last day the venerable Seattle Post-Intelligencer (P-I) was published. What a sad day for Seattle, to lose one daily newspaper completely and have the other teetering on the brink. What will we do for investigative reporting and in-depth features without our daily newspapers??

Not just that, but I will sorely miss having the paper at our breakfast table if newsprint really does go away completely. It's pretty hard to give the comics to Niall, the weather to Cory, and keep the front page and editorials for myself if our only news is on a computer or TV screen. :-( I just like the look and feel of reading a real newspaper so much better than scanning articles online. But I guess I'm a dinosaur these days, and will probably soon have to adjust.

Will printed books fade away completely too? God, I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment