Saturday, February 7, 2009

[day 36 ... february 5]

Tonight was mid-winter parent meeting night at Puget Sound Community School (PSCS), Kellen and Tynor's school, which is located in Seattle's International District. It's a long drive from Woodinville, but I enjoy the meetings so much, it's well worth the effort. Grandma Shannon came over to be with the little guys, and I headed for Seattle at about 6, arriving in plenty of time for the 7 p.m. meeting despite missing the correct exit off I-5 *again*. I don't seem to have the knack for navigating the whole I-5/I-90/SoDo exits at all. But I do have an excellent sense of direction, or maybe it's just that I can figure out how to eventually tack back and forth until I get somewhere. (Maybe some of both. :-) So I exited I-5 belatedly but backtracked to the I-district without any trouble.
I was thrilled to see several new signs up since I'd last visited: a big one in golden letters (and swirl) on the outside of building, near the PSCS entrance, and then this one inside between the waiting area and Andy's office. They are so cool! I love the new logo and tagline - very hip and crisp.
Whenever I visit, I always enjoy checking out the magnetic-board class schedules, even though I end up wishing I could drop everything and join various sessions. These kids are so lucky! Sometimes (and some kids more than others) they even realize it. :-) If and when my schedule ever gets less hectic (aka certain young people get just a tad older), I'd love to spend more time at PSCS volunteering, going on field trips, helping to facilitate a class, or just hanging out with the students and staff. I'm looking forward to it...some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment