Friday, February 5, 2010

fri, 2/5...day 36

Today was the big day! For going to see "Avatar," that is.

Tynor and I have been working on a mom-and-son date to see "Avatar" in IMAX 3D (that was my dream, at least - he just wanted to see the movie :-) since he got back from LA after New Year's. It meant figuring out childcare for both younger kids and picking an evening when it would work out reasonably well to go all the way into Seattle to the Pacific Science Center where the movie is showing. I get a great discount with a Prime card (from work), but you have to buy the tickets in person to get the discount. Oh, and most shows are selling out way in advance.

With all of these special challenges, I'm amazed it finally did work out. It was definitely worth it! It was great having the time with Tynor, all to myself (a rare treat), and the movie was *fabulous*. Can't wait to see it again.

As we left the movie, the Pacific Science Center arches were lit up beautifully. I don't think I've seen them at night, or not for a long time. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment