Wednesday, January 14, 2009

[day 14 ... january 14]

Cheerios and the morning paper are standard fare here, continuing a tradition for me (especially the Cheerios part) that has rarely been interrupted for decades. When I was a teenager, thinking ahead to that lovely bowl of Cheerios helped get me up at the crack of dawn when nothing else sounded the least bit enticing.

I finally have a son who joins me in the Cheerios part at least, and is learning to enjoy the paper as well (starting with the weather page, as they all seem to). The big boys are up and gone early in the morning, to catch the bus to school in Seattle, and then Cory and I get up to have our morning Cheerios and milk. Ahhhh...it's nice when some things stay the same, in the midst of so much that inevitably changes in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment