Monday, October 4, 2010

sun, 10/3...day 276

Cory loved getting the cardboard boxes from the IKEA furniture I built today (chair, footstool, and bookcase) and was inspired to make this airplane!

It was amazing to see him so busy making one thing after another for it, after he finished the basic body and wings: windshield, a box engine (with pipes coming out for the wires), dashboard, food and drinks. The ideas just kept coming.

Then he decided to make a book to go along with it, that describes the plane and explains how he made different parts. He made the book and drew the pictures, and I wrote down his (long!) explanations.

Next up: he'll ask Steve if he can bring it to school to show his friends. Wish I could be a fly on the wall for that. :D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hanna! Thanks for coming by, I enjoyed checking out your blog too. My babies are all big kids now! :D

    ReplyDelete