Sunday, March 28, 2010

mon, 3/ 88

I finally finished repairing Cory's Hot Air Balloon Blanket quilt, after many months of "almost there." He snuggled it so much over the years that the flannel back wore through along the edges. Some of the yarn ties that (more or less) held the layers together had also untied or tore through so the batting was quite uneven.

So I added a new backing, quick straight up-and-down quilting, and a flannel binding. The last part is what took me so long. The poor quilt sat in the corner of our dining room for months before I finally moved it up to my craft room when I got that set up last Fall. And sat *there* for more months.

But now at long last the quilt is shipshape and back on Cory's bed.

Of course, in the meantime, he's gotten very attached to his "colorful blanket" so Hot Air Balloon Blanket doesn't have the same spot in his heart that it used to. So it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment