Thursday, February 19, 2009

[day 51 ... february 20]

While everyone obsesses over Obama's first 30 days and "Is he living up to the promise?" (already? Can we not give the man more than a few weeks to bring peace to the world and solve the whole financial crisis?), we're still happy Obama fans here. The bulletin board next to the dining table still has our bumper stickers (not so much for putting those on cars, myself, but I like them) and there's still a warm glow.

Sorry not to be getting disappointed already but I still think he's a fabulous, amazing person and am so glad he is in charge, even if everything is a mess. Or more like, especially *because* everything is a mess. I do think once in awhile, "Imagine what he could have done if every single major area wasn't in crisis." But it is what it is, and we can only move forward from here. Glad he's our president while we get to it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%...a huge Obama fan myself. I came acrossed your blog from another blog.

    I am a Project 365'er myself without the kit. Darn it! I am still wishful for a re-make, but I doubt that's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it annoying? You would think with such a huge group of people dying to buy a product that they'd be eager to create a whole bunch more. But I've pretty much given up at this point too.

    Still I'm enjoying this way to capture our day-to-day lives. A fun angle to play with. :-)

    ReplyDelete