Friday, July 30, 2010

sat, 7/31...day 212

Tynor is eager to get more hours of driving practice, and I wanted to go on a road trip. So when I found out that my childhood friend Janet was visiting Bellingham (from her home in Maryland), the two came together into a daytrip north!
We had fish-n-chips from "the bus" in Fairhaven. SO yummy. Then headed over to Fairhaven Park, where we explored the trails, played on the swings, rode bikes, splashed in the sprinklers (just a bit - it wasn't very warm out). I want to come back when we all have our bikes to ride the trails.

Next up was a brief tour of two houses I lived in as a teen, and then down to Boulevard Park, right on the water where we had a picnic snack and more playing. A cool "boat" climber, big rocks, and a bright, beautiful mural. It started to rain, so we packed up and headed across town to Janet's.

It was wonderful to see her and her (big!) boys. Noah and David entertained the little guys with pool and Monopoly so Janet and I actually had a chance to chat. Wonderful! Also got to visit with her parents a bit too, so that was a double pleasure.

And lastly, we headed over to a nearby cafe for a late afternoon cocoa-and-treats visit with Seth. Then south on I-5, and home by 7! Fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment