Saturday, July 24, 2010

sat, 7/24...day 205

Today was the July TLS "playdate" at the Big Field. Cory, Niall and I went and enjoyed a few hours of sun (shade, in my case :P), catching up with friends (at least I did!), and playing in the sprinklers. Niall actually didn't go in the water at all, somewhat to my surprise. He played some basketball and chatted with some of the grownups.

We got to meet one of our "buddy" families - a family new to the school that we've offered to team up with to help them get to know the community, customs, and so on. This family is a mom, Danna, and son, who are just moving back to Hollywood Hill after a few years on Orcas Island. And she's a former Microsoftie to boot! Lots in common. I hope we'll see them again at the August playdate. (This is her son Michael in the photo with Cory.)

No comments:

Post a Comment