Saturday, January 30, 2010

sat, 1/30...day 30

The cherry tree in the backyard is already starting to bloom. It's not even February yet! I guess having the warmest January on record will do that: confuse the poor plants into thinking Spring is here.

I welcome the longer days, but cherry blossoms in January is jumping the gun just a bit, for me.

Cory has been asking for gymnastics classes for a long time now. So when I spotted this Saturday morning class at a local gymnastics center, I decided to just go for it. His brothers all had gymnastics classes (many of them!) for years when they were toddlers and preschoolers, so now is Cory's chance.

It's an hour long class for 4 to 6-year-old boys, and they do "vaults," trampoline, stretching, obstacle courses, "flip" into the ball pit - all kinds of fun stuff. Cory seemed to enjoy it, in his cautious figure-out-what-to-do kind of way.

I sat up in the viewing balcony and attacked the pile of P365 vertical photos (collaged into 2-per-4x6 and printed at Costco) that I just picked up. Sliced most of them into two smaller pics (except those that can go together for one day, or two days in the same week), and now I'm ready to embark on loading up my Becky Higgins Project Life scrapbook. I'm so excited to see this finally coming together! It's a huge project to do the whole year at the end. I sure hope I keep up with it better as-I-go for 2010. Holding a good thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment