Tuesday, December 22, 2009

[day 357... dec 23]

Niall's 9th birthday today! Made him our traditional Chocolatey Chocolate Cake which is just from the Hershey's chocoa can but is *fabulous*. Also the Chocolatey Chocolate buttercream frosting that goes with it. And peppermint ice cream. Yum!

We had Grandma Shannon over to help celebrate, and it was low-key but fun.

Niall got a t-shirt that he'd asked for at Target that I nixed originally (the picture is a flaming skull football thing but - whatever), a book about "What you should have learned in school" (I thought I'd find that useful too, and Niall loves learning tidbits of substantial information), a battery science kit, and the movie "Indiana Jones." His favorite of all was a Magic 8 ball. Do you remember those? He gets such a kick out of it. Of course, what he asks are things like "Should I go get ready for bed now?" when I've just asked him to do something. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment