Friday, August 14, 2009

[day 223 ... aug 11]

My mom has this clipping posted on her bathroom mirror so I saw it every morning last week. It's titled "Be Happier." I love the sentiments: that happiness isn't some kind of permanent state to aspire to, that we make our own bits of happiness along the way, day by day. Certainly a good message for me to keep in mind right now.

Even better, the column has tips for creating more happiness in your life by doing little things, as simple as always carrying a book with you for those inevitable times when you're stuck waiting unexpectedly and might get grumpy over the lost time.

I like these kinds of practical, simple, uplifting ideas. Much more appealing to me than grand sweeping pronouncements that can be generally inspiring but are ultimately too broad and general to be meaningful in the nitty gritty of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment