Monday, March 15, 2010

mon, 3/15...day 74

I picked up Niall from school midday and we headed over to the travel medicine clinic to hear about all the shots and meds that we need for our trip to Africa (coming up in a little over 2 weeks - !).

The good news was that the doctor didn't think we needed Yellow Fever shots. My sister thought we might get a lecture on that, and she thought they were unnecessary (for Malawi, where we're going). But we did end up getting a fair number of immunizations anyway: three for Niall and (he liked this part) four for me. :-)

Niall was completely nonchalant about the shots. Really surprised me! Up until now I've had to talk him through the anxiety and really work to keep him relatively calm. But this time he just sat right down and chattered away through all three shots. You just never know with kids, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment